Friday, January 2, 2009

Week 4 RSS Feeds

So, there seems to be somewhat of a variety of definitions for RSS. Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary. Take your pick. At any rate, I set up a bloglines account and subscribed to 6 RSS feeds. Then, upon more carefully reading the directions learned that I needed to subscribe to at least one specific site. However, when I tried to subscribe to the "Readers Club new review feeds I kept getting this message:


The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the
Refresh button, or try again later.
The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML documen...

I also tried to subscribe to the library cartoon RSS feed and all I got was a page of Html code. What am I doing wrong I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment