Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thing 17 Week 7

Wiki Wiki Wiki everything wiki. I can see that wikis have potention for teachers and students from the examples I saw on the sites I visited. I see that the potential for collecting organizing and presenting large amounts of invormation and keeping up to date is great with wikis. This can be done with almost any group. I saw suggestions and examples of students, teachers, parents and administrators. For example, students can brainstorm a topic and compile the information ovcer a long period of time with a multimedia information on the subject. This record can bewritten, photos, video, and audio. Furthermore, it can be corrected, updated, edited or expanded at any moment and as long as desired. I really liked the tips on how to organize and construct a wiki. I found this helpful because so many really disturbing wikis that are just a big mess of stuff that is very difficult to follow. Those kind really bugged me. The hurt to look at them. However, I really like the ones organized like wikipedia with a table of contents and bibliography and so on. I can also see how it would be great to use wikis to use as study guides for exams. The information could be complete and available for all, even those who lost their notes. In fact, I am going to think of a way, an appropriate way to start and use one in the library.

2 comments: